728x90 AdSpace

Latest News

Say NO To Halal. Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 11 March 2015

An appeal to help this lovely little dog get the veterinary help he urgently needs. Even £1.00 will make a difference...


Hi Everyone.

I know this is not a halal subject but its something that is close to my heart and we are all animal lovers at the end of the day. 

I wanted to help by sharing this as every penny will help.

The following is from the appeal page...



I am trying to raise £3000 for my companion dog Harvey who desperately needs to have a Brain MRI scan £1,500 and a series of tests known as a Spinal Workup £1,500.

 He has started to have very serious Grand Mal Seizures and my Vet urgently needs to have the procedures done to find out why. He is my whole world and to see him go through these seizures is breaking my heart.

 It started a month ago when I noticed that Harvey was having slight tremors when he either stood still or sat upright. He seemed unwilling to lay down and when he did he seemed restless and uncomfortable. Of course I took him to the Vet straight away and he had blood and urine tests which all came back clear. My Vet said that the tremors were down to his age and that I should just keep a close eye on him.

 Last week out of the blue he had his first seizure around bedtime and even I could tell it was a bad one. I called my vet straight away and I was advised to bring him into my vet the next morning.  She checked him over and said it may be a one off seizure and that as he was not showing any symptoms I was advised to keep him under close watch at home. She also said that, hard as it maybe to do so, if he does have another it would be helpful if I could video it on my phone so she may see what's happening.

 He had another seizure last night and it was as bad as the first but I did manage to video about 20 seconds of it which I showed my Vet this morning. 

 She said it was a very serious Grand Mal Seizure and given how serious and how soon after the first this has happened she wanted to refer him for the tests straight away. 

My Vet says it could be epilepsy but it could be something more serious like a brain tumour and before she prescribes any medication she needs to have the correct diagnosis. If its a tumour the sooner we find out the better his prospects are for recovery.

I dont have any children of my own but I know if I did I would want them to have all the tests I could to find out whats happening and in many ways Harvey is like my child.

 Harvey is a 8 year old Short Haired Collie cross boy and he is a rescue dog that has blessed my life since he was about a year old.

Normally he is such a happy lad, he does not have a bad bone in his body and he is always pleased to see everyone, even strangers. He loves to play with me and with other dogs  and always had such a excitement for life. He always does everything at 100 miles an hour, so much energy and so much love (he is very affectionate). He is completely loyal and in every way, a dream dog. 

He knows something is wrong, since he had his fits he is constantly seeking reassurance and wanting cuddles. He is not himself, I have caught him just sat in the middle of the room with his head hanging down staring into space. I had to call his name twice before he snapped out of it and this is just not how he is.

The reason why I am unable to afford to pay for his fee's to have these procedures is because I suffer from a debilitating medical condition which sadly stops me from working. Some days Harvey is the ONLY reason that I can get out of bed for, he is keeping me going. I am on a lot of strong daily medication myself and he is not just a pet, he is my only companion.

My consultant suggested one day that I should consider getting a companion animal to share my life, to give me something to live for. At the dog re-homing centre he chose me, he came over and sat down next to me which the staff said he had not done to anyone else. 

In more ways than one he saved me, not the other way around and now that he needs help it's killing me inside that my personal circumstances won't allow me to return all of the love and care that he has given to me without expecting anything in return.

We are deeply bonded and go everywhere together. He has helped my health as he is walked twice a day and we played games in the garden but today (this evening) he had no interest.  Normally he is bright as a button and solves any mental game I come up with to get his treat (a slice of dog safe sausage) straight away.

As I type this he is laid right on my feet and I do mean right on my feet (he is a handy foot warmer). 

Right now I do not know what else to say, he is such a lovely soul and I just want to give him back the love he has given to me.

Thank you if you have read this far.


To go to the appeal page click this text...
An appeal to help this lovely little dog get the veterinary help he urgently needs. Even £1.00 will make  a difference...
  • Title : An appeal to help this lovely little dog get the veterinary help he urgently needs. Even £1.00 will make a difference...
  • Posted by :
  • Date : 15:59
  • Labels :
Next
This is the most recent post.
Older Post
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top